Wednesday, May 02, 2007

Strike 2 for the Skippy Car

Another chapter in the ongoing saga of the skiipy car muffler problems unfolded last night. Driving home from a disappointing Sox game last night I got pulled over by the Massachusetts State Police for my Muffler - or rather for my lack of a muffler. I informed him that the muffler had fallen off recently and I was planning to get it fixed as soon as I could so he let me off with a verbal warning. I wonder how much longer I can get away with it? I think that the real reason I got pulled over was because it was 1 a.m. I'm sure that if it had been a more reasonable time of day, he wouldn't have bothered. Also, does over two months ago still count as "recently"?

9 Comments:

At 8:10 AM, Blogger Rob said...

I can't believe you haven't gotten that fixed yet. Poor Skippy car.

 
At 9:12 PM, Blogger Big A said...

Have you ever MET me?

 
At 8:58 PM, Blogger EssBee said...

Your wife is a good woman. That's the nicest thing I could think up to say.

 
At 9:45 PM, Blogger Heather said...

The term "recently" is relative. If you were talking about eating or sleeping, that would definitely not be recently; but if you were talking about someone having had a baby or getting married or graduating from somewhere than that could probably be considered pretty recent. You just have to figure out which category a muffler falling off falls into. My evaluation is that you can have a clear conscience about having said recently in this situation.

 
At 10:45 PM, Blogger Big A said...

What is that supposed to mean?

 
At 10:48 PM, Blogger Big A said...

Ok, so I remembered it wrong. I actually said it fell off "the other day". Is that better or worse?

Also, the cop asked me if I had been pulled over before and I said "NOT recently".

 
At 2:57 PM, Blogger Rob said...

Maybe you should just buy a Camaro.

 
At 3:55 PM, Blogger Big A said...

oh, man. If Gas wasn't $3 a gallon, I might.

 
At 11:01 PM, Blogger Nhmommaof5 said...

Don't you think you should inform everyone of Skippy's death?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home